Basic skillet-cooked chicken gets a slightly sweet kick with this fresh, fun raspberry sauce. It's great over rice, too. —Anita H. Hennesy, Hagerstown, Maryland
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet
- coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 5-7
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Serve with
- chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 260 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 369 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.