Raspberry Cake Hearts
Come Valentine's Day, Tisha Cottman knows that this pretty dessert is the way to her family's heart. "It's such a simple way to say 'I love you'," writes the Broken Arrow, Oklahoma homemaker of her annual treat.
Best of all, each fun little heart takes only minutes to assemble from purchased snack cakes and can be prepared ahead of time. "It's sure to impress those you care about," Tisha add
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 individual cream-filled sponge cakes
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Mint sprigs, optional
- In a bowl, lightly toss together raspberries and sugar; set aside.
- Slice two sponge cakes diagonally widthwise in same direction. Slice
- remaining cakes diagonally in the opposite direction.
- On each of four dessert plates, place two oppositely cut sponge cake
- wedges together to form a heart. Garnish with whipped topping and
- reserved raspberry mixture. Add mint if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 350 calories, 15 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.