- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide dough
- in half. On greased baking sheets, roll each portion into a 14-in. x
- 12-in. rectangle. Cut each rectangle into three 14-in. x 4-in.
- strips. Spoon 2 tablespoons jam down the center of each strip. Bring
- long edges together over filling; pinch to seal. Braid three strips
- together; pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Repeat with the
- remaining strips. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45
- Beat egg and water; brush over loaves. Bake at 350° for 20-25
- minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to wire racks.
- For glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and
- enough water to achieve desired consistency. Brush over warm loaves.
- Yield: 2 loaves (15 slices each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 163 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.