Raspberry Banana Bread
A patient at the doctor's office where I work brought in this bread one morning while it was still warm. It was so good I made sure to get the recipe.
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In
- another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil and water. Stir into
- the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raspberries and
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for
- 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire
- racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 116 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.