Raspberry Almond Strips
Get ready to pour yourself a cup of tea, because you won’t be able to resist sampling one of these cookies. Almonds add taste and texture to the simple strips that are dressed up with raspberry pie filling.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 3 tablespoons raspberry cake and pastry filling
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- In a small bowl, beat the cookie dough, flour and almonds until
- combined. Roll into a 13-1/2-in. x 2-in. rectangle on an ungreased
- baking sheet.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/4-in.-deep
- indentation lengthwise down the center of rectangle. Bake at
- 350° for 5 minutes.
- Spoon raspberry filling into indentation. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or
- until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes. Remove to a cutting
- board; cut into 3/4-in. slices. Place on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and extract
- until smooth. Drizzle over warm cookies. Yield: 16 cookies.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 106 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium,