- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream, confectioners' sugar and
- remaining extracts until soft peaks form. Place half of the whipped
- cream in another bowl and refrigerate. Chop 1 cup almonds; fold into
- remaining cream. Unroll cake; spread with jam to within 1/2 in. of
- edges. Top with almond mixture.
- Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Frost top,
- sides and ends with remaining whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate
- for 1 hour. Garnish with remaining almonds, raspberries and mint if
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 472 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.