Ranch-Style Pork Burgers
“We use our grill all year, and this recipe is quick and easy enough for busy weeknights,” writes Kathleen Dougherty from Williamsville, Illinois. Her hefty burgers make a nice alternative to ground beef, and the ranch dressing punches up the flavor.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the pork, dressing mix, onion and pepper.
- Shape into two patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or
- until a thermometer reads 160°. Top each patty with a cheese
- slice; cover and grill just until cheese begins to melt. Serve on
- buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One burger (prepared with lean ground turkey and reduced-fat Swiss cheese) equals 374 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 890 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.