- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together egg and water. Brush over buns; sprinkle
- with poppy or sesame seeds if desired.
- Bake at 400° for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove
- from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: One bun (prepared with reduced-fat cheddar cheese) equals 137 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 397 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.