Ranch Dressing and Dip Mix
This versatile recipe from Carolyn Zimmerman of Fairbury, Illinois converts easily into a creamy dip or smooth dressing. It's delicious served with fresh veggies or drizzled over greens.
96 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR DRESSING:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR DIP:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an
- airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield:
- about 6 tablespoons mix (enough to make 6 batches).
- To prepare dressing: In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon mix with
- mayonnaise and buttermilk; refrigerate. Yield: 2 cups.
- To prepare dip: In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon mix and sour cream;
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 107 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium,