Ranch Chicken Salad
Serving salad for dinner tonight is anything but skimpy. There's chicken and cheese in every bite, and celery and apples give it a great crunch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five
- ingredients. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place chicken on a greased broiler pan. Broil 6 in. from the heat
- for 6-8 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, divide salad greens among four dinner plates. Top each
- with celery, carrots, apple and cheese. Cut chicken into strips;
- arrange over salads. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half with about 3 cups salad equals 320 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 784 mg sodium,