Ramen Pork 'n' Peppers
Citrusy sweet-and-sour sauce coats strips of tender pork, crispy pepper and ramen noodles in the speedy stir-fry Diane Shipley fixes at home in Concord, Ohio. For extra kick, shake on some red pepper flakes!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup each chopped green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound cooked pork, cubed
- Cook noodles according to package directions (discard seasoning
- packet or save for another use); drain and set aside. In a small
- bowl, combine the cornstarch, orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar,
- honey and pepper until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers in oil until crisp-tender. Stir
- cornstarch mixture and add to the skillet. Add pork. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in
- noodles; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 540 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 683 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 39 g protein.