- stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the
- juice, raisins, allspice and molasses; bring to a boil. Remove from
- the heat; let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the celery, carrots, onion,
- garlic, chives and parsley in oil and soy sauce for 10 minutes or
- until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the
- apple, sunflower kernels and caraway seeds. In a small bowl, beat
- egg, egg substitute, broth and marjoram; add to vegetable mixture.
- Add bread cubes and raisin mixture.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake,
- uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (2/3 cup) equals 179 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 452 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.