Raisin Granola Mini-Bites Cookies
Raisin Granola Mini-Bites come from Germaine Stank of Pound, Wisconsin. "These cookies are great to snack on while traveling because they're not too sweet," Germaine assures.
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups granola without raisins, lightly crushed
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook raisins, butter and apple juice
- concentrate until butter and concentrate are melted; cool. Beat in
- egg. In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and orange
- peel; add raisin mixture and blend well. Stir in granola. Let stand
- for 5-10 minutes.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at
- 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire
- rack. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 169 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium,