Rainbow Sherbet Dessert
M-m-macaroons, pecans and layers of fruity sherbet combine in this beautiful, special dessert. Try garnishing with fresh strawberries and just listen to folks "ooh" and "ahh" when you bring this in! —Kathryn Dunn, Axton, Virginia
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 12 macaroon cookies, crumbled
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 pint each raspberry, lime and orange sherbet, softened
- Sprinkle cookie crumbs onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at
- 350° for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add
- confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Combine cookie crumbs and pecans; fold in whipped cream. Spread half
- of cream mixture onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform
- pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Gently spread raspberry sherbet over cream layer. Layer with lime and
- orange sherbets; spread with remaining cream mixture. Cover and
- freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before
- serving. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 387 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.