- carrots over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine; cook for 4-5 minutes or
- until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, bay leaves, sugar
- and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for
- 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Discard bay leaves. Add the cream, butter and parsley; cook 2 minutes
- longer. Sir in cheese. Yield: 10 servings (7-1/2 cups).
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without pasta and additional cheese) equals 309 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 746 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.