- mixture and mix well. Shape into 16 thin patties. Place two pieces
- of string cheese on eight patties; top with remaining patties. Press
- edges firmly to seal.
- Grill patties, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side
- or until meat is no longer pink. Place four burgers on the bottom of
- each loaf of bread; top with mozzarella cheese, basil leaves and
- tomato mayonnaise. Replace bread tops. Cut each loaf into four
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving with 2 tablespoons mayonnaise equals 936 calories, 54 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 157 mg cholesterol, 1,275 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 52 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.