Quinoa with Peas and Onion
“I make this a lot for my son, who’s a picky eater. He loves it!” Lori Panarella — Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir
- into cooked quinoa. Add the peas, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 174 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.