Quicker Lemon Angel Food Supreme
Boxed angel food cake speeds prep time but retains the cake's home-baked taste. And the no-cook version of sauce uses handy prepared lemon pie filling and whipped topping for fuss-free fixing and old-fashioned results.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- LEMON SAUCE:
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions, adding lemon
- peel and extract. Bake according to package directions. After
- baking, immediately invert pan and cool completely. For the sauce,
- combine the pie filling, milk, lemon juice and extract in a bowl;
- beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Serve with cake. Store
- sauce in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 291 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a