Quicker Cheesy Onion Focaccia Bread
Turn an everyday dinner into a special meal with oven-fresh cheese bread featuring convenient bread dough. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Saute onions in butter in a large skillet until tender. Add the
- garlic, Italian seasoning and brown sugar; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Pat dough into a 10-in. circle on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan.
- Build up edges slightly. Make indentations at 1-in. intervals with a
- wooden spoon handle. Top with onion mixture and cheeses.
- Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into
- wedges; serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Made quicker by not caramelizing the onions, rather just sauteeing them with brown sugar to make up for the lack of sweetness carmelizing adds. Used a convenience product of frozen bread dough in place of the from scratch yeast crust. MCP