- pans to wire racks.
- Place chocolate chips in a large bowl. Bring cream and brown sugar to
- a boil in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring
- occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is
- Pour cream mixture over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in
- remaining peanut butter until blended. Chill until mixture reaches a
- spreading consistency. Spread between layers.
- Frost top and sides of cake. Garnish with chopped candy bars and
- peanuts. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 14 servings.
Used cake mix and added peanut butter to batter. Filling is the same. Used canned cream cheese frosting instead of from-scratch frosting. Original prep was 55 min, quicker is 25 min. 30 min. savings.