Quick and Easy Strawberry Jam
This is an easy and tasty way to use up a freshly picked quarts of summer strawberries. It makes about seven half-pints, so there's enough to share.
56 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Process: 10 min.
- 2 quarts strawberries, washed and stemmed
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 6-3/4 cups sugar
- Crush strawberries and measure 4-1/2 cups berries into a large
- saucepan. Stir in pectin and bring to a rolling boil over high heat,
- stirring frequently. Add sugar and return to a rolling boil. Boil
- for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into
- hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles;
- wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water
- canner. Yield: about 7 half-pints.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 104 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.