Quick Tamale Casserole
The filling ingredients in this casserole will satisfy hearty appetites. You can garnish individual servings with sliced ripe olives and serve with tortilla chips.Cecily Gates, Santa Ana, California
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 jar (13-1/2 ounces) tamales
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 slices process American cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking dish; top with
- Remove papers from tamales; cut each into six slices. Arrange over
- chili. Sprinkle with corn and top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
To give Quick Tamale Casserole more of a taco taste, add an envelope of taco seasoning and 3/4 cup water to the ground beef after browning and draining.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 592 calories, 31 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 1,556 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 38 g protein.