Quick Sweet-and-Sour Chicken
On a really busy night, this quick entree with a frozen stir-fry mix and chicken nuggets will hit the spot in no time. —Mary Tallman, Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (13.2 ounces) breaded chicken nuggets
- 1 package (21 ounces) frozen sweet-and-sour stir-fry mix
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 3 tablespoons salted cashews
- Cook chicken nuggets according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, cook stir-fry mix, covered, over medium heat for 6-8
- minutes or until heated through. Stir in chicken nuggets.
- Microwave rice according to package directions. Serve with stir-fry
- mixture; sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups chicken mixture with 1/2 cup rice and 1 tablespoon cashews equals 717 calories, 29 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 1,258 mg sodium, 83 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer