Quick Salmon Chowder
"I made up this quick creamy chowder one winter afternoon," recalls Tom Bailey of Golden Valley, Minnesota. "I like to use a can of red sockeye salmon for best flavor. The soup also can be seasoned with tarragon instead of dill."
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2-2/3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Cook and stir
- over medium heat until chowder is heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 249 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 870 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.