Quick Rosemary Focaccia
With rosemary and lots of cheese, these bread squares from Shelley Ross of Keytesville, Missouri will make an everyday dinner seem like a festive occasion.
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- Press the dough into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan;
- build up edges slightly. Brush with oil; top with onion, garlic,
- cheese and rosemary.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and cheese
- is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 15
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece (prepared with part-skim mozzarella) equals 123 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.