Quick Maple Hot Chocolate
What sweet drink could be more popular when the weather's wintry than hot chocolate? Here, subtle maple flavor turn this favorite beverage into an extraordinary one...using a recipe from Marla Brenneman of Goshen, Indiana. Folks who favor marshmallows will want to add plenty on top!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups milk
- 12 large marshmallows, divided
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and salt. Stir in water
- until smooth. Add butter; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Add milk,
- eight marshmallows and flavorings; simmer until marshmallows are
- melted. Pour into mugs; top each with a marshmallow. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 304 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.