Quick Golden Stew
This complete meal can be prepared in a hurry. Yet it has a rich goodness that tastes like you fussed.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 2 medium onions, cut into chunks
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese spread
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine the carrots, potatoes,
- onions and just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add
- peas and ham; cover and cook 5 minutes longer. Drain water. Stir in
- soup and cheese; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 323 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 1,654 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 18 g protein.