Quick Cranberry Nut Muffins
“One of my favorite recipes to make with my granddaugther, Sarah, is Cranberry Nut Muffins. Sarah pours in the ingredients and helps stir. Her eyes light up when I tell her she can take some of these lovely sweet-tart muffins home to share with her family,” says Claire Olson of Saginaw, Minnesota. Their baking sessions and muffins are always a hit—since both are seasoned with love!
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In
- another bowl, combine the orange juice, milk, butter and egg; stir
- into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries,
- pecans and orange peel. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups
- three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out
- clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Yield: about 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 243 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 310 mg sodium,