Quick Confetti Rice
I still enjoy the superb combination of bacon and rice in this dish. The peas add color and a bit of crunch. It's so easy to make, and so good.
Ruth Ann Stelfox, Raymond, Alberta
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- Soy sauce, optional
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted
- spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoon
- In same skillet, saute carrots and celery in drippings until
- crisp-tender. Add the rice and peas; cook and stir until heated
- through. Stir in bacon. Serve with soy sauce if desired. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 202 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.