Quick Colorful Corn Salad
Filled with corn and red and green peppers, this colorful dish makes a large serving. It's great for summer picnics and gatherings.
8-9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, parsley, Parmesan cheese,
- cumin, salt, pepper, hot pepper sauce and cayenne. In a
- microwave-safe dish, combine oil and garlic. Microwave, uncovered,
- on high for 1 minute. Cool. Whisk in lime juice. Pour over the corn
- mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 8-9 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 74 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium,