Quick Citrus Tossed Salad
Just reach for this recipe when you want a nicely tangy change of pace form ordinary salads. Everyday ingredients come together is a delightful dressing that enhances the greens, vegetables, oranges and walnuts.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash onion powder
- 6 cups torn romaine or other greens
- 1/2 cup each sliced fresh mushrooms, sweet red pepper and red onion
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first 10 ingredients
- and shake well. In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, vegetables,
- oranges and walnuts if desired. Just before serving, add dressing
- and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 141 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.