Quick Cherry Turnovers
"These fruit-filled pastries are my family's favorite at breakfast," reports Elleen Oberrueter, Danbury, Iowa. "You can substitute other fillings for cherry."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll crescent dough and separate into
- four rectangles; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Press
- perforations to seal. Place 1/4 cup pie filling on one half of each
- rectangle. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal. Bake 10-12
- minutes or until golden.
- Place confectioners' sugar in a small bowl; stir in enough milk to
- achieve a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over turnovers. Serve warm.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 turnover equals 359 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 459 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.