Quick Cajun Chicken Penne
I used to work at a restaurant that served a variation of chicken with penne pasta. I didn't know how easy it would be to make until I gave it a shot at home - now it's always a requested meal around my house. —Rusty Koll, Elmwood, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons blackened seasoning
- 2 containers (10 ounces each) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack. Sprinkle chicken with blackened
- seasoning. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in.
- from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer
- reads 170°. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a large skillet, heat Alfredo sauce over medium heat until warm,
- stirring frequently. Add the tomatoes, onions, pasta and chicken;
- toss to coat and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 660 calories, 31 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 1,015 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.