Quick Baked Apple
"Baked apples are so simple to make...and this version has a yummy filling of chopped nuts, raisins and coconut," says field editor Judi Klee (right) of Nebraska City, Nebraska. "I enjoy this fruity dessert served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream."
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon raisins
- 1 teaspoon flaked coconut
- 1 medium tart apple
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- In a small bowl, combine nuts, raisins and coconut; set aside. Core
- apple and peel the top third; place in a microwave-safe dish. Fill
- center with nut mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Pour apple juice
- into dish and syrup over apple.
- Cover and microwave on high for 1-3 minutes or until apple is tender,
- basting and rotating every minute. Serve warm. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 157 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.