Quick Apple Lettuce Salad
"THIS REFRESHING SALAD goes nicely with Mom's 'famous' chicken. She tells me she found she could get her children to eat lots of lettuce when it was combined with apples, nuts and mayonnaise."
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups torn lettuce
- 2 unpeeled red apples, diced
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a large salad bowl, toss lettuce, apples, celery, raisins and
- walnuts. In a small bowl or jar with a tight fitting lid, combine
- dressing ingredients; mix or shake until well blended. Pour over
- salad and toss. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 228 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.