Quick Apple Cottage Cheese Salad
This refreshing salad is a welcome addition to any potluck or buffet. I always receive recipe requests and come home with an empty bowl...two great compliments for any cook!
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 cups (24 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 small apples, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, apples, raisins and poppy seeds.
- Combine lemon juice and honey; add to apple mixture. Refrigerate.
- Just before serving, stir in sunflower kernels. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 131 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.