Quick Almon Rice Pilaf
Mary Jo Nikolaus, Mansfield, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion and almonds in butter for 5-6 minutes
- or until onion is tender and almonds are golden brown. Add broth.
- Bring to a boil. Stir in the rice, peas, salt and pepper. Cover and
- remove from the heat. Let stand for 6-8 minutes or until liquid is
- absorbed. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 316 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 813 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.