Quick 'N' Easy Bean Pot
I find it's difficult to cook beans from scratch, so this recipe, using canned beans, is especially valuable to me. The beans turn out great every time.
Marion Foster, Kirkton, Ontario
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) pork and beans
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon and onion over medium heat until
- bacon is crisp; drain. Stir in the beans, brown sugar, mustard and
- coffee. Pour into an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake
- at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 135 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.