I often make this quesadilla just for myself. It's a snap to prepare.Amber Waddell, Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 to 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken, turkey, pork or beef
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet, add one tortilla. Layer with half the
- cheddar cheese, all of the chicken and mushrooms and half the
- Monterey Jack cheese. Top with the second tortilla. Cover and heat
- until cheese melts and bottom tortilla is crisp and golden brown.
- Turn over; sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Cook until bottom
- tortilla is crisp and golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut into
- wedges; serve with sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 1
Nutrition Facts: 1 quesadilla equals 768 calories, 49 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 173 mg cholesterol, 1,152 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 53 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.