Pumpkin Zucchini Bread
Everyone in Spokane has zucchini in summer. The people who grow it have enough for all of their friends! This is one of many ways I like to use it.
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Add pumpkin, butter and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix
- well. Stir in zucchini and nuts. Pour into two greased and floured
- 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until
- breads test done. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack.
- Yield: 2 loaves.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 176 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 147 mg sodium,