- aside. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, oil, water and
- eggs. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and
- mix well. Stir in the nuts, raisins and dates.
- Pour half of the batter into three greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in.
- loaf pans. Spoon filling over batter. Cover filling completely with
- remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely. Wrap in foil; refrigerate
- until serving. Yield: 3 loaves (16 slices each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 189 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.