Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Nothing beats these quick muffins for irresistible, homemade pumpkin pie flavor. Serve them with any meal or as a satisfying snack.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1 tablespoon biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- In a bowl, combine pumpkin, milk and egg with a fork. Combine dry
- ingredients; add to bowl and stir just until moistened. Spoon into
- 12 well-greased muffin cups. Combine streusel ingredients; sprinkle
- over muffins. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 131 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.