- Cool slightly. Transfer mixture to a blender; cover and process until
- smooth. Return to the pan. Stir in the milk, pumpkin, cream and
- remaining broth; heat through.
- For croutons, place bread cubes in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan. Bake at 425° for 5-8 minutes or until toasted.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon; drizzle over croutons
- and toss to coat. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Serve with soup. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup soup with 1/3 cup croutons equals 187 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 544 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.