Pumpkin Patch Bread
My mom makes the best pumpkin bread which she knows she has to bring to our Pumpkin Patch Party every year.Barb Schlafer, Appleton, Wisconsin
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the
- flour, baking soda, salt, spices and baking powder; gradually add to
- pumpkin mixture and mix well. Fold in pecans.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for
- 70-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 220 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.