"We have pancakes a lot at our house, so I like to look for variations on traditional recipes," notes Elizabeth Montgomery of Allston, Massachusetts. "Our daughter just loves the great taste of these moist pumpkin pancakes."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- In a bowl, combine the baking mix, brown sugar and cinnamon. In
- another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, pumpkin, oil and vanilla; stir
- into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn
- when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is
- golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 333 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 587 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.