Pumpkin Ice Cream
This recipe is a good way to use up your homegrown pumpkin. Or feel free to substitute canned pumpkin for the fresh.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- Gingersnaps, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin and pie spice until well
- blended. Stir in ice cream. Freeze until serving. Garnish with
- gingersnaps if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 190 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.