Pumpkin Freeze with Mincemeat
I love serving this recipe at fall gatherings, especially Thanksgiving. After a bountiful meal, a refreshing dessert like this one is always appreciated. —Donna Gonda, North Canton, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- MINCEMEAT SAUCE:
- 1 package (9 ounces) condensed mincemeat
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and
- cloves. Fold in ice cream. Fill individual molds or foil-lined
- muffin cups. Cover and freeze for 24 hours.
- For sauce, crumble mincemeat into a saucepan; add water. Cook and
- stir until mixture comes to a rolling boil; boil for 1 minute. Cool
- to room temperature. Stir in apricot nectar and orange peel.
- Unmold pumpkin mixture or remove foil from cups. Serve with mincemeat
- sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 315 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium,