Pumpkin-Face Ice Cream Sandwiches
These friendly faces will elicit smiles from friends and family. You can use homemade or purchased sugar cookies in this recipe.
24 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + freezing
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Red and yellow food coloring
- 48 round sugar cookies
- 72 raisins
- Red and green decorating icing
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla
- and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Tint orange with
- red and yellow food coloring. Frost the tops of 24 sugar cookies.
- Make pumpkin faces, using raisins for eyes and nose. Add a smile
- with red icing and stem with green icing. Let dry completely.
- Spoon ice cream onto bottom of plain cookies; top with frosted
- cookies. Place in individual plastic bags; seal. Freeze until
- serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.