Pumpkin Chip Muffins
Meet the Cook: I started cooking and baking at a young age - just like my sisters and brothers. Our mother was a very good teacher, and she told us all we would learn our way around the kitchen. Now, I've let our children know the same thing!
-Cindy Middleton, Champion, Alberta
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil until smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt;
- gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate
- chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing
- to a wire rack. Yield: about 2 dozen muffins.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 328 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.