Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
This delicious pie is so light and fluffy that folks will have room for a slice no matter how full they are! Guests are always delighted with the delicate flavor.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1
- minute. In a saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form
- around sides of saucepan. Add gelatin mixture; stir until dissolved.
- Stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Remove from the heat. Add the
- pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Refrigerate until
- thickened, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Fold whipped topping into pumpkin mixture. Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 274 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium,